- Bottom bracket (that tricky 70mm Italian size)
- Crank arms
- Seat post (didn't come with one)
- Saddle (didn't come with one... besides, using someone's old saddle is like kissing an adult film star)
- Wheels (20x1.75 size or similar)
- Handlebars (not that the current ones wouldn't work, but for each inch of mini-ape-hanger rise on those bars, I equally lose an inch of my manhood)
The rust, although abundant, is surprisingly superficial. After chatting to a Nipple Works associate about the chemistry of rust removal, a phosphor-based acid like naval jelly (not navel jelly) is the way to go. Apparently, chlorine-based acids like muriatic acid will remove the rust, but it will quickly return.
I'll probably look into some BMX parts for this project. These bikes can often have 20" wheels and long seatposts - perfect for The Cannoli Project.
Needless to say, I have my work cut out for me. Awesome.