Saturday, June 21, 2008

Crazy things I saw at the track

I went to Hellyer Park Velodrome this past Friday to witness the American Velodrome Challenge. Saw some great racing under the scorching sun and the electric lights. Check out this video I took of the women's Keirin race:



Besides the feats of strength, hot racing action and shocking crashes, I was really interested to see some of the kit these guys (and girls) were sporting. Check out the disc wheel seen on a Specialized factory rider's bike:

That's right, the thing was narrower'n a washed up starlet and narrower than the tire as well. Just enough width for the tire to get glued on. This guy killed the competition too with an amazing display of power, I've got to believe that aerodynamics played some role in his victory.

No comments: