Friday, July 24, 2009

Give George Yellow

Hey, I love fair play as much as the next guy, and that's why I can't endorse this project to make a big deal out of George Hincapie not obtaining the yellow jersey on Stage 14 of this year's Tour De France.

Racing's racing and the clock doesn't lie.

I'm reminded of a mountain bike race I entered not long ago where a pro level woman chose to race in my (male, non-pro level) category. She took 3rd, bumping me off the podium. It was a non sanctioned race though so there wasn't much I could do about it except choose not to participate in the next race in the series. Well, spurred on by that disapointment, I trained hard and came back to win the next event. Hincapie has had a long career full of opportunity, being on great teams, surrounded by great talent. Plenty of chances to prove himself.

nippleworks usually covers bike technology, but we've been posting more road race related info on the twitter feed: http://twitter.com/nippleworks

No comments: